Tuesday, September 6, 2016

WebPost 1

1)            My name is Jillian and Jillian or Jill is fine.
2)           Warren, MI which is about a half hour north of Detroit and about three and a half hours away from JCU.

3)           I am a freshman and would like to teach high school math and psychology.
4)           Service projects, volleyball, cards, and Lutheran. Planning to get all A’s but realistically get B’s. Get involved in clubs and maybe a sorority on campus.
5)            A lot of things matter to me but I’m not very active in those activities. I have however seen people who are active in things I care about. She is from Detroit and performed a poem at the ELCA National Gathering that touched me and I would like to share that experience. 
6)           I prefer hands on activities and having the ability to discuss about the learning topics between classmates is important.
7)           My favorite classroom experience was in my Psychology class because we discussed the material and how it related to our lives at that time.
8)          The curriculum at my high school isn’t updated and I feel needs a community service component.

9)           Since I am thinking about education will this class help me decide whether teaching is for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment